Friday, June 6, 2014

 It was Mother's Day 2010 when my kids gave me a digital camera. When I was a child I loved my Kodak and then Polaroid but then as a young adult i was camera-less and remained so for many decades. When reintroduced to being in possession of a camera in 2010 I became thoroughly addicted to whole process.




Finding something interesting to shoot each time unfolds as I let footpaths or the seeking of a singing bird, or being pulled by dogs or turning to follow the sun.








In four years I have burned through a few cameras. When I have one fail and I am without a camera my day seems to be without shape.











 I have read reports lately saying if one wants to remember something DO NOT take a picture of it. HA! i take a picture then i review, perhaps crop, perhaps add some brightness or darken the image a bit and post and review, I KNOW my photos, I remember being there and taking them as well as feeling the sun or the cold winds, recalling the song of the water dance over the rocks or smell the flower






I find much beauty and wonder in the world, even just in the backyard. I snap and want to hold and cherish and snapping as a photo also allows me to share the views I have captured with others hopefully providing some enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment